COVID-19 Status Report
Legacy Vacations is committed to providing a clean, comfortable, and safe atmosphere where our valued guests can find themselves at the beach. We will try to keep you updated but we recommend you visit websites for The World Health Organization, The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and The Florida Department of Health for the most updated information regarding travel.
The recent outbreak of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) is an unprecedented situation. Legacy Vacations is committed to remaining flexible, informed, and responsive to our guests as the situation continues to evolve. We are keeping a close eye on the situation via announcements from the CDC, WHO, and Florida Department of Health. We’re following the recommendations of these entities regarding our approach to business.
Our Vacation Rental Policy Exceptions
Sometimes the unexpected happens. That’s why we have implemented vacation rental policy exceptions. These are amendments to our normal vacation rental policies to reflect the unpredictable state of the COVID-19 situation and allow our guests to continue planning their vacations with peace of mind.
How are the vacation rental policy exceptions different from the regular Legacy Vacations’ rental policies?
Our regular rental policies only allow changes without a penalty if those changes are made up to 30 days before arrival date. In our vacation rental policy exceptions, reservations arriving between March 13 and May 31, 2020, (date subject to change) may be “continued” or “suspended” without penalty. You may also cancel your reservation if necessary. We hope you will choose to continue or suspend your stay with us. However, we understand that our guests may need their funds in light of the current situation.
What does it mean to “Continue” my reservation?
- There are two ways to continue your reservation.
- Keep your reservation as is and stay for the dates you’ve already booked. (Unless otherwise prevented by local or state ordinance.)
- Or, you can reschedule your stay dates for another time between now and May 31, 2021.
- Our vacation rental policies require payment of 50% of the rent (plus tax) 30 days prior to your arrival date with the balance due on the arrival date. We have changed this requirement for new or existing reservations with arrival dates from May 1 to May 31, 2020. The new 50% payment date requirement is now seven days prior to the arrival date with the balance due on the arrival date. That payment will now automatically be charged seven days prior to arrival and you can pay the balance at check-in. We have made this change to give our guest more time to make a final decision about staying with us in May.
What does it mean to “Suspend” my reservation?
- A suspended reservation is a reservation that is temporarily canceled. The payments you made will be held as a credit toward a future reservation for any available dates through May 31, 2021.
- We recommend this option if you aren’t sure when you will be able to continue your reservation.
What does it mean to cancel my reservation?
- If you cancel your reservation, we will refund your full payment except for the Travel Insurance (if purchased) and the $60 administration/processing fee. If you later decide to book a stay within the next 12 months, we will waive the $60 administration/processing fee for that future booking.
What else do I need to know about the vacation rental policy exceptions?
- If the new booking exceeds the cost of the prior booking, the guest is responsible for paying the difference.
- The normal rental policies will apply to all rescheduled reservations at the time the reservation is changed.
- At this time, the normal rental policies remain in effect for reservations arriving June 1, 2020, or later (date subject to change).
For additional information, please contact Legacy Vacations directly at 850-244-4000 or by email at email@example.com . Our office is open daily from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. CST (Monday – Friday) to assist you. Please note that wait times are longer than usual due to increased call volumes related to COVID-19 inquiries. We appreciate your patience.
What is Legacy Vacations doing to keep its guests safe?
- Legacy Vacations’ standard cleaning procedures have always been above CDC recommendations. All vacation rentals are thoroughly and professionally cleaned between each stay. Vacation rental accommodations are only released for guest check ins after a rigorous inspection process.
- Property cleaners and our front desk staff are taking additional precautions to keep guests safe as well.
Effects in Our Area
For live, interactive status updates and areas affected in Florida, please visit this website.
Impact on Travel
- Presently, the Level 3 Travel Alert issued by the CDC is a global recommendation that travelers at high risk of contracting COVID-19 should exercise special precautions to avoid becoming ill. This is not a restriction on travel to our area or any other area within the United States.
- For more information, visit the CDC’s Travel Health Notices web page.
If my reservation is not eligible under the vacation rental policy exceptions, am I covered by Travel Insurance?
- Most reasons for cancellation or trip interruption related to COVID-19 are considered “foreseeable events” within the CSA Travel Insurance policy offered by Legacy Vacations. Most “foreseeable events” are not eligible for reimbursement through Travel Insurance. Other reasons for cancellation may still be covered by the Travel Insurance policy depending on which coverages apply to you based on your state of residence.
- The usual coverages of the Travel Insurance plan still apply to your stay regardless of the COVID-19 situation. These coverages include AAA service, baggage recovery or replacement, travel delays related to adverse weather, illness, injury, job loss, reimbursement for emergency medical and dental coverage, etc. (Click here for an overview of CSA Travel Insurance).
- If you are concerned about coverage for a specific scenario or need more information, please Contact Generali Global Assistance at 866-999-4018 or visit their website.